Left Forum Fundraising and Development Internship
Left Forum seeks to fill a part-time fundraising and development internship for the Summer 2013-Spring 2014 periods. This internship starts immediately. This is a three to six month internship or a one or two semester internship and it can be scheduled according to the academic calendar year as needed.
We seek a motivated individual interested in learning about fundraising infrastructure and helping to coordinate fundraising and social events. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and hone your event planning, fundraising and non-profit development skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience in the academic and nonprofit arenas. The position can be molded to fit the individual’s strengths and interests.
- Event planning, from venue scouting and logistics, and finance management, to promotion
- Assist in researching and cultivating funding sources such as donors and online contributors
- Assist in developing funding campaigns, donor solicitations and long-term strategy
- Essential administrative functions such as creating reports, attending meetings, and developing event plans and event funding strategies
Background and Desired Experience
- Excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizing skills
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
- Interest in fundraising and donor development
- Experience with databases—especially CiviCRM—preferred
- Passion for grassroots organizing and social justice
About this Internship
We're a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for your creativity. You'll have the opportunity to work in an interesting (and relaxed) office in the CUNY Graduate Center in Midtown Manhattan where you'll be able to interact with scholars and people who are involved with grassroots social justice movements.
This internship is unpaid, although academic credit is available. Hours are flexible—we ask for 15-20 hours a week—and can be adapted to fit your schedule. This internship begins immediately. People with diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com