Video Tech and Production Internship
Left Forum seeks to fill a video technician and production internship. This is a 1 to 2 semester (or monthly equivalent) internship for the 2014 Fall semester and/or through the 2015 Spring semester and can be scheduled according to the intern’s academic calendar and requirements.
About The Video Tech and Production Internship
Coming off of a successful conference with over 1,200 speakers, and having video footage of the speakers and featured events at the conference provides one of the sources for the development of new video content. We have recently launched a Video and Media Archive to bring the wealth of ideas and dialogues generated at the Left Forum to the world—or at least to the world via the Internet and social media sites. With video archives of speakers and events spanning the 10 year history of the Forum, opportunities abound for the production of promotional videos, clips as well as live interviews from workshops, events and our annual flagship conference. If you are interested in helping to build the website into a high traffic, highly user engaged site with a thorough and searchable database, this internship is for you.
Film students and social media activists alike are welcome! This is an excellent opportunity to develop and hone your video production and editing skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience in the academic and nonprofit arenas. The position can be molded to fit the individual’s strengths and interests.
- Edit and produce video clips, promotional pieces and full length videos
- Utilize multiple video editing and production platforms.
- Work with ally video and media outlets in the production of – and posting – of video footage
- help to coordinate ally and volunteer videographers for live conference video recording and production
- Join in and help build team-work in creative development and production processes
- Help digitize, edit and upload and promote video content—conference panels, featured speakers, interviews and more
- Help to create and maintain a user-friendly interactive archival video interface
- Initiate and contribute to marketing and social media networking campaigns to promote the conference video and media archive along with outreach and networking on particular video topic area tracks that appeal to different constituencies.
Background and Desired Experience
- Previous digital media and video experience is preferred and/or social media/digital strategist background
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
- Communications and/or marketing background is helpful
- Familiarity with web content management (Drupal or equivalent web content programs) and social media networking
About Interning with Left Forum
- This internship is unpaid, although academic credit is available.
- We ask for approximately 15-20 hours a week
- Hours are flexible and can be adapted to fit your schedule.
- We ask for a commitment of at least 1 semester (or approximately 3-4 months)
Please send a cover letter and/or resume to email@example.com