Video Tech and Production Internship
Left Forum seeks to fill a video technician and production internship. This is a 1 to 2 semester (or monthly equivalent) internship and can be scheduled according to the intern’s academic calendar and requirements. PDF Description Here
ABOUT THE VIDEO TECH AND PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP
Coming off of a large summer conference with over 1,300 speakers, and having video footage of the speakers and featured events at the conference, provides some of the sources for the development of new video content. This internship will provide you with the resources and opportunity to creatively develop that content while also challenging you to hone your communication, outreach, and coordination skills..
With video archives of speakers and events spanning the 11 year history of the Forum, opportunities abound for the production of promotional videos, clips, as well as, live interviews from workshops, events, and our annual flagship conference. More than just video editing, this internship can also engage someone who is comfortable doing outreach and/or video archiving and indexing, as well as working closely with prominent video producers and organizations. This position will be a great fit for an intern who is inclined towards project coordination and juggling multiple elements of a larger project.
Film students, social media activists, and film production enthusiasts alike are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and hone your video production and editing skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience in the academic and nonprofit arenas. The position can be molded to fit the individual’s strengths and interests.
- Edit and produce video clips, promotional pieces and full length videos
- Utilize multiple video editing and production platforms.
- Work with ally video and media outlets in the production of – and posting – of video footage
- Help to coordinate ally and volunteer videographers for live conference video recording and production
- Join in and help build team-work in creative development and production processes
- Help digitize, edit, upload, and promote video content—conference panels, featured speakers, interviews, and more
- Help to create and maintain a user-friendly interactive archival video interface
- Initiate and contribute to marketing and social media networking campaigns to promote the conference video and media archive along with outreach and networking on particular video topic area tracks that appeal to different constituencies.
BACKGROUND AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Previous digital media and video editing experience is strongly preferred
- Background as a social media/digital strategist (is a plus - but not required)
- High level of attention to detail and ability to see projects through to their completion
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
- Communications and/or marketing background is helpful
- Familiarity with web content management systems (Drupal or equivalent web content programs) is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with social media networking
ABOUT INTERNING WITH LEFT FORUM
- This internship is unpaid
- We ask for approximately 15-20 hours a week
- Hours are flexible and can be adapted to fit your schedule.
- We ask for a commitment of at least 1 semester (or approximately 3-4 months)
ABOUT LEFT FORUM
Continuing a tradition that began in the 1960s, Left Forum convenes an international conference each year in New York City. The conference involves a broad spectrum of progressive intellectuals, organizers and academics, who come together to share ideas to transform the world; to better understand commonalities, differences, and alternatives to current predicaments; and to engage a wide range of critical perspectives on the world. Left Forum 2015 drew more than 4,200 participants for 400 panels. Recent speakers include Noam Chomsky, Angela Davis, Harry Belafonte, Arundhati Roy, Naomi Klein, Cornel West, Bolivian Vice President Álvaro García Linera, Frances Fox Piven, Amy Goodman, Slavoj Zizek, Grace Lee Boggs, Michael Moore, Marina Sitrin, and Immortal Technique.
Please send a cover letter and/or resume to Ashley Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org